Stöd Ukraina

Perrs blogg

Lördag 2 December 2006

A night in Brussels

Henke Larsson in Manchester United! That's big! Huge! And the tabloids seems positive about it. Read some in Daily Mirror. People seems to take him in like a man who really HAS accomplich something.
However, this story will not be about footie.

Belgium. Why go to class when you can take a trip to Brussels instead. Me and marco took the train to capital of Belgium. Two hours later we went out from Brussels chaotic Central Station. We didn't really think about that at this point but when we returned home...we did. Chaotic, no one did know where to go and not even when to go there, where you didn't knew where it was... Crazy! But that was later.
Anyway, We went into Grand Place where they already started to orginize for Christmas. A gigantic Christmas crib was already there at the square.
Our first adventure was to find a hostle or a Bed and Breakfast. It wouldn't be any problem, we thought. Midweek, and in the end of November... No way that all places are full, we thought.

While Marco did the rough job with try to find some beds I went to Tintin, Snowy, Captain Haddock, Thomsen and Thomsen (I believe they are called this in English). Of course, I already knew that Hergé was a great man. I don't think I have read all 25 books but many of them. At Centre Belge De La Bande Dessinee, Belgisch Centrum Van Het Beeldver Haal, or in short: The Museum of Comics I learned a lot. In 45 minutes I learned a lot about Smurfs, Asterix and Obelix and some about South Park.

In the end we got our hostle "2Go4", a newbuild hostle with good standard. And free beveridge; coffee and tea the next morning. € 59/night duble room. When the night came closer we needed to see the bar life. Somehow we always find the right one to ask. Additional to this, we trust the feeling. We went to Buers where the students like to go out. We took the darkest alley and past bye a rather booring bar...we thought at first. But we had to start somewhere so we entered Coaster. They had happy hour for cocktails. Nice, but the only thing that gave us injections that it would be crowded was the really big bowl of pepper mint leafs that the barman prepered. When we entered it was pretty empty but soon it was packed.
We had the best table and after a while some Erasmus students took their seats beside us. Mostly from France and Italy I recall. However, with their advice we could find the next couple of pub. However, Buers was the place to be a Wednesday night.

We took a beer at Le Coq. The beer was ok but what a h...! A woman with violin entered the corner, and started to play. But worst of all was that she started to sing to it.
After a litte chat with to journalist (or maybe journalist students) we left. But they left before us, they where supposed to be at the EU parlament building 7 am the next day.
We where not!

With a small guinness we sat down at a table at one of the Irish bars. Later that night we got an even smaller guinnes - in shots glass. Beside us, at the next table we had the kiwi Carl.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi_(people)
We talked football and Dwaight York (former Man U player) since Carl did know a lot about Trinidad & Tobago. Also, with a brother with a Swedish wife, but first of all with a great knowledge of trevelling around on the Globe, we had plenty to talk about.
For Marco this was a brilliant opportunity to wake up his New Zeeland mamories and also talk Kite Boarding.
It was a great night that ended 6 am with a kebab.
I did success with my huge Turkish language knowledge!

Oups! Six a' clock! That means that we had like three hours sleep before they closed the "free drink service" at the hostle. Bugger!

Thursday was a day for Manicen Pis and waffels.

Just a suggestion to everyone that are going to Brussels. Celtica is always open!

Cheers.
Dela med andra:    

Kommentarer
Cc säger:
And WHO tipped U off abt Henke...... ;-=
Postat 2006-12-04 07:29  Anmäl

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet