Stöd Ukraina

Emelies blogg

Fredag 21 Mars 2008

Holiday from backpacking

Have the last 10 days in south Thailand had some holiday from the backpacking. Of course I enjoy this way of traveling; you really get close to the culture in the countries you’re visiting, you meet many interesting people, it means freedom and loads of adventures where no day look like the previous one, you learn, become independent and develop a lot etc, but it’s not like having a long holiday!
Many times it’s very demanding always being on the go with a big bag on the back, trying to find information and comparing prices while constantly keeping safety in mind. People are more or less always on to you, you have to do many long and crappy bus rides, freezing showers and frugal accommodations. I don’t believe there is any backpacker that hasn’t dealt with blisters, hydration and frustrating border crossing. You read lonely planet as it was the bible, are walking around in the same clothes, get up at sun rise (6am) and are always bargaining your way around.
It has been incredibly nice with a few days of a slower tempo, less packing and challenges. Lately I’ve been hanging out and traveled with a cool Mexican surfer that I met at Ko Phangang. Have had lovely days at some fairytale, paradise islands where we have been snorkeling, kayaking, trekking in the jungle, gone on a sunset cruise and just relaxed with a Piña Colada under the palms! :P
Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet