Stöd Ukraina

Emelies blogg

Lördag 1 Mars 2008 - Kambodja

The price of being an adrenaline junkie

Probably lucky that there are people more worried about me than what I am. When the leg became worse for every hour after the motorbike accident in northern Thailand I was almost forced to visit a hospital by worried parents and friends. I know that I'm kind of an adrenaline junkie who loves pulling the limits to the fullest with either extreme sports or other crazy adventures but this time it was actually not me driving, chancing or crashing.
I guess it was not very smart to hitchhike with an Aussie who paid more attention of impressing me than keeping his eyes on the road (and I’m sure he was on something) but the traffic in these countries are totally mad, you see plenty of accidents on a daily basis. I promise you, people are constantly driving against red (really no point of having the lights), driving on the pavements (you're not safe anywhere) and in the wrong direction of the road (sometimes you don’t know if the country has right or left handed traffic since no one are keeping their lanes).
You think you will be safer when you get out of the cities but here the roads are the dangerous part. Last trip between Luangprabang and Chiang Mai the road was a disaster as a result of the previous day’s rain; in the mountains it was so difficult to drive that we were close to go down the steep at two occasions, it fall down stones at the bus – one so big that it became a whole in the roof but the stone did luckily not go through, we got stuck in a water whole for 2 hours, and one of the bridges we passed was so old that we all sat screaming and praying when passing it, lol. And this is just one of all the rides in these countries, you don’t wonna know about all the jeep and truck bed rides...
It sometimes hurts when you always are seeking and trying out new adventures but if I never try I will never know and what not kills you make you stronger, right?! ;)
In normally cases everything sorts out fine but this time 2 days at the international, emergency department was necessary. Sounds worse than what it’s, I’m already back on my feet with the big backpack on!

Talk to you soon again!

Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet