Stöd Ukraina

Mangeggs blogg

Tisdag 22 Februari 2011 - Malmö
Resealbum: Ghana 2011

Ghana 2011 - Sum up (in English)

Today the 22/2 I woke up in a cold Sweden, -6 degrees Celsius.

I left Elmina and Stumble Inn by taxi at 11.00 the 20th. I took an American Ford (mini bus with AC) from Cape Coast to Accra where I then took a taxi to the airport. I reached the airport at 15.00...the plane departured at 22.05 but last check in was at 18.30. I had 2.5h in the American Ford to really think and go through everything I have been doing the last 2 weeks. I found a restaurant outside the airport where I enjoyed a last Ghana meal, the sun and wrote diary. Accra - Amsterdam - Copenhagen - Malmö and I was at home 11.00 the 21th.

If I look back, I really have some things I remember a little extra. First, all so nice people I have met, volunteers, staff at Sabre and Stumble inn, especially my Ghanian friends have made impacts. The joy, all playing kids, good food, so frindly people, a green and beautiful country, the swims...also the Castles will I remember (though it could have been a better reason, and not slaves)

Edwin who met me at the airport my first day, he was freezing and I was swetting (26 deg C). He was our first contact person and an incredible person, always happy, laughed and danced, took us to all kind of places, garages, night clubs - thank you so much!!

Sampson, the Sabre coordinater who had his own school in evenings for free. He was a terrific drummer and play leader, there were always joy, dancing, singing around him when he joined our assessments in Kindergarten schools. A person that offers much to give children a better future, but working with the kids gives a lot back:-). Thank you for let us take part of your inspiring life!! http://www.staroftheseaschool.net/index.htm
(star of the sea school. P.O.Box cc 1148. cape coast.)

Musa, who worked at Stumble Inn as a hard working "handy man". Building playgrounds, climbed cocanut palms...We had some fantastic and very interesting discussions about our lives, religions, future and history which I never will forget. A more friendly person is hard to find! Thanks, thanks and again thanks!!!

Solo(mon), the librarian at Bantuma school, a person great with kids and always friendly, our biggest help when working at the school. You will become a perfect teacher one day!!! Especially thanks for helping us catch a fishing canoe!

Thanks Edwin, Muse and Solo for taking us out to nightclubs and bars and let us have some real Ghanian nights! It meant a lot for me!!!!

Kojo Sam, a student at Bantuma school, invited me to meet his grandmother and also eat together with them one evening (I declined..). A smart kid that I hope the best fore in the future. There were of course lots of nice student that I never will forget, from classes and Volleyball games.....

The joy in Ghana is hard to find her back in Sweden, money dont make you happier, that is one of my conclusions.

I will (probably) go back to Ghana one day, to volunteer or just travel around and see the above mentioned people:-)

I am so thankful for my experience from Ghana and for the new friends i have met! Ghana, we keep in touch!

/Magnus (listening to Batman Samini and r2bees)

For pictures: http://www.reseguiden.se/minsida/mangegg/bilder?forum_trip_id=4641
Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet