Uganda & Rwanda

Resealbumet skapat av: Claudiakueter
12 mars 2009
Visningar: 177
Uganda, also called the pearl of Africa, a small and green African country with a lot op possibility's! Live music and dancing in the nightlife of the capital Kampala. Rafting or kayaking in Jinja, where the Nile comes splashing out of Lake Victoria. Relaxing at the shores of one of the lakes, for example Lake Bunyoni or on one of the Ssese Islands in Lake Victoria. Something you really shouldn't miss when you're going there is visiting the last mountain gorilla's on the densly green slopes of the volcanos in Parc National des Volcans, or looking for chimps in forests. Uganda is not the best country to do game-driving or spotting the big five, but there is enough other wildlife to enjoy! Lions, buffalo's, giraffes, elephants, hippo's, crocs, lots of deer and lots of birds. Friendly and relaxed local people, who speak english!
We've only spent a few days in Rwanda, we visited the mountain gorilla's there. It's called 'Le Pays des Milles Collines' or the country of thousand hills. Hills with beautifull terraces for agriculture. The local people speak french and are a bit more 'closed' than the people in Uganda.
Kategori: Backpacking

Kommentarer

19 mars 2009 11:13
Hi! Sounds like you have done an amazing trip! :-) Did you travel on your own in Uganda & Rwanda or did you join some kind of tour? I havent visited any African countries yet, except for Morocco, but I hope to some day. I think I will join some kind of group tour that covers a few countries to see as much as possible.