Stöd Ukraina

Wildexplorers blogg

Torsdag 17 Januari 2008 - Bangkok

Some nights in Bangkok

We traveled from Phuket, Krabo to Bangkok the main city in Thailand. We landed pretty ruff cos the flight was some turbulent. And entered the hugh city with 6 or 10 milions inhabitats.

We arrived at our hotel - Hotel Sofitel Silom (5 star) and was well treated. http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fichehotel/gb/sof/3616/fiche_..

After i have picked up my luggage "JJ" taked care off us and transported us to our hotelroom. On the way she was telling about some sight we chould not be missing and what places who is worth seing.
As we have booked the clubroom we should not checkin in on the first floor amongst the ordinary people.

When we was entering the elivator and was getting way up to 27 floor my ears where blocking up twice.
We where pleased to take a seat and was served a drink when "JJ" was fixing the most whe needed. Then we have our card to room and "JJ:s" mobilenumber in case we wonder anything and needed help.

The bed in our clubroom was so soft and cozy and the pillows must have been made of clouds. They was so cozy

They were so beautiful that had it not been for that we come to a new place so I had been able to stay there in bed for several days. We tore ourselves from our room and went down to town to check out what's up. When we step out onto the street began almost gasping for breath. The air was so dirty and it was so hot that you could hardly breathe. Everyone goes around and coughing and it's not without a hefty fisförnäm clears throat nasty coughs.

The sight that met one was indescribable! Just below us from the 27 floor which was a busy intersection with 4 files in either direction. Then we had booked club room were the drinks and snacks at between 17 and 19. That we were not late to exploit. Saw the sunset and drank some sweet and sleazy drinks with orchids in. When it got dark you could see the temples at the Grand Palace and Wat Arun.

After the free drinks and a much needed shower we went to Patpong again. Almost forgot to tell you that before we went to Patpong, we went up to the top floor of the hotel and looked at the view and we were not just goals against which the restaurant because they had a dress code, which meant we did not fit there.

Patpong Night Market in (10 minute walk away). If we had thought that there was an open and large sexmarknad in Phuket, Patong, it was nothing compared to Patpong in Bangkok. All drugs in one, offering sex shows. Shows that I did not know existed, how about "Pussy Ping Pong", "Pussy switch water ',' Pussy Light Candle '. Yes it was just some of them shows that were offered. You try to ignore but it is difficult when the press shows up flaps on the nose of one. We continued our walk in the market and found that it was much cheaper here than in the tourist places in Krabi and Phuket. Half the price of the stuff we bought earlier.

Grand Palace one day. A gigantic temple area to be seen by all. When we step out of the hotel fixed a purple clad man (all of the hotel staff was dressed in purple) a taxi for us. He told the taxi driver where we were and that we would go with the taximeter. That you should go with fare meters, we had heard from all of you would be cheated, so it sounded good so. We jump in and he drives off. After 2 seconds, he says a fixed price of 300 baht for the taxi meter was broken, he said, shit, we said. We do not accept, and he himself dicker down to 150 baht (30 :-). Really Cheap, yes, but we were on us. He became angry and drove the roundabout there to come up to the sum which he offered. I sit all the time with a map in the back to keep track of where he is running so we are not cheated altogether. We arrive at the Grand Palace and we paid 68 baht. Talk about trying to fool us in the beginning! Although he drove a small detour so it was still cheaper.

When you arrive at this temple area will be entranced by all the pomp and all the gold! It was King Rama I founded the new capital of Thailand - Bangkok - which he also built the royal temple 1782nd Grand Palace was between 1782 and 1946, the Thai king's official residence.

Around the temple grounds, there are murals of the history Ramakien (the Thai version of the Indian story Ramayana). These wall paintings (178 pieces) are now being restored. Each entrance to the temple is guarded by Yakcha (total 8 pieces).

The main temple, Wat Phra Kaeos where the sacred Buddha figure (Emerald Buddha) are herded out of Singh. Singh is not only Thailand's domestic beer out even lion-like creatures that look to the evil spirits from entering. They can also be likened to the Chinese Foo dogs that are also common in Thailand. Emerald Buddha is about seven inches high and made of a single piece of jade and emerald is not as one might think. The statue has 3 different covers, one for each season. It did not take pictures inside.

There is a miniature copy of Angkor Wat (Cambodia from) in the temple area. We found a 'Bodhi tree "such a tree where Buddha achieved nirvana through meditation.

Wat Po is Bangkok's oldest temple, and in my opinion the most beautiful we visited. Temple area is surrounded by a high wall with sixteen major ports, of which only two are open to the public. Around the temple you can see many monks because the teaching is conducted here. The temple was founded in the 1500s Buddha is said that this 46 meters long and 15 meters high. The figure shows the Buddha in the moment he enters Nirvana. Soles of the feet is 5.5 meters high and made of a pearl. For them you can see the Buddha's reincarnations 108 depicted.

We took a taxi to the MBK shopping center (Mah Krong Centre) after it. An amazing shopping centers much more reminiscent of a market with over 2000 positions / shops over 7 floors. There was 1 floor with only cell phones and MP3 players !!!!! Near the top there was an entire floor with only multimedia (you can call it that?) Cinema, internet café, networking, gaming machines, etc. etc. etc. etc. This is where all are guys kept house we found. This was very cheap and the majority of customers here were Thais, the low prices. How fun shopping at any time! Brand Shops mixed with a position with copies to the super low prices.

We went there until they closed, and 21:00 when we had just done 4 floors. We took the skytrain back to the hotel. One way I travel, I do not understand that more goes. Piece of cake. Approximately the same system as the Stockholm subway just that in Bangkok there are only 4 lines so you can not go anywhere, sad. It had probably saved a lot on the environment if it were more developed. Skytrain was cool, nice, quiet and cheap, really recommended.

Then we went again with the skytrain to a crazy big weekend market,
Thailand's largest, I have read.
We understand now why it is a weekend market - it takes a whole weekend to go through everything.
It's called Chatuchak market and consists of 6000 positions in an area of 5 football fields it is open on weekends 09:00 to 18:00. Every weekend visit out of the approximately 200 000 people!

Here was EVERYTHING! Really EVERYTHING.
We started to walk like a serpentine and was soon about to give up when we only saw the clothes, very worn clothing. It was not for what we had been going there. When I thought nah now we do not care of this, we found a map of the place which then showed that we had gone about 1 tenth of the market (for about 1 ½ hours). And we had then gone to the Department of clothes.
That's when we realized how big it was!
I found a picture online of the market. We had just gone to No. 5 and 6.

So we trudged on, took a bit out of each genre and went and strolled aimlessly for a bit there was no point in even thinking that we could manage the whole area in a few hours as we first thought. For the most delicious Thai food during the trip (I think). It was fried rice and not tourist-friendly as the other Thai food we have eaten. It was, in other words, strong. It was a bit comfortable with where rates, 9: - for a meal including drinks.

I was a bit scared when we went to this market because I have heard that you can buy wild endangered animals are in tiny cages. Fortunately, we saw no such thing, only dogs and cats in the normal-sized cages and free from all Tjo Chimen and by the existence of something like stores.

When we could not manage more, mostly because of the stifling heat, we went to Siam Paragon, a further shopping centers. However, this was a bit more expensive, and felt a bit more luxurious. However, I found a favorite section of The Paragon Department store there was a mix between Panduro and Lagerhaus. In this shopping center was a water with sharks and other marine animals at the bottom.

The Bangkok Post said that it was between 25-30 ° warm yesterday and the air was relatively OK. Every day the newspaper reported that the amount of emissions that are in the city. In a scale of 5 different colors, where white is the cleanest and red is the most dangerous. All the days we were there it was between white and light yellow. Here you can see what I mean http://www.bangkokpost.com/weather/index.html

They also wrote that the 4 / 3, they contain a "Thai Ridgeback dog - Day 'to mark their breed.

Indian Maha Uma Devi temple - a temple dedicated to Shiva, the god from the beginning. Incredible colors and incredible details throughout. Had been able to study all the little things for hours if I had had the time.

We also found that sleep a lot here in Thailand. It is not just here in Bangkok we see people sleeping, you sleep here and there, where you have a chance.

We were in Bangkok grant has seen many homeless people sleeping on the street. Therefore, we said that we would try to do a good deed to give something. We did not want to give money for it can always go to the "wrong" things, because we took the free stuff - fruit, bottled water and shampoo and such and put it in the bag. Then we gave it to a man who had no legs and who begged money.

Transfer to the airport, shopping and cuisine. The new airport is great. There was no customs dogs that I had to talk to. A large Malinoishane as low as quiet and safe while it worked with his nose to take the smugglers. Duties did think I was a funny spot that disturbed their work with questions about the dog. This large flygpalts which is only 4 months old has a major concern and we thought it was a check. Had they not been able to solve it in a better way than with 1 (A) huge queue that wound worse than sex to Gekås days of Payday. Otherwise it was nice and fresh.
Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet