Stöd Ukraina

Emelies blogg

Onsdag 6 Februari 2008

Motorbiking in Saigon

On the other side of the world, at a flight between Hong Kong and Ho Chi Minh City, I meet an old school mate from Ronninge. It showed out that Jesper also is backpacking around in South East Asia at the moment so I ended up following with him when landing, since he already had a hotel booked in the city.
Although the countries are not very far from each other, everything is very different in Vietnam from Hong Kong - the weather, food, prices, people, transportation, culture etc.
In Ho Chi Minh I mostly travelled around with motor bike (good fun!) and enjoyed the city life in the 30 degrees heat. Me, Erik and Jesper visited many cool places; The Yellow Dunes, The War Prison, The cruel Tunnels, Mui Ne Beach, Fairy stream, a cool fishing village, many markets and bars etc.
But after 3 hectic days in Saigon it was time to move on up north with a journey that was everything from the last first class flight, a 15 hours bus ride in something that shouldnt be allowed to be called vichele. It was me and 30 other short, starring vietnameeses that filled the bus with everything from octupuses and fish in small plastic bags, to boxes with snakes and baskets with smelling spices, but I guess this is the real charm with backpacking!

Love from Vietnam
Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet