Stöd Ukraina

Gullnas blogg

Torsdag 15 Maj 2008 - Tallinn

Tallinn 2008-05-15

Teaming up with Chris and Andy once again. We take the bus to the open air museum of Rocca del Mare, west of Tallinn. This is a large area in the forest close to the sea with old, authentic estonian farm houses on display. They are all from late 18th century to early 20th century. It's quite beautiful and the buildings are very well preserved. There's also a number of windmills and a water mill. The large Dutch style wind mill gives a good idea of how a windmill works -- if you figure it out; luckily Andy is an engineer and Chris an architect :)

Before leaving we have a small meal of traditional Estonian food; karask, a barley bread, and kama, a meal of rye, oat, barley and sour milk. Interesting! Quite good! It tasted good, while the smell was a bit strange. Reminds you of youghurt, or rather kefir, with müsli.

After short walk in old town and a quick visit to the Occupation Museum I say goodbye to Chris and Andy. I pick up my other bag at the hostel and make it to the ferry just a few minutes after boarding closes. My final transport after eight and a half months on the road! I'm looking forward to a relaxing overnight trip to Stockholm. I've payed to be alone in my cabin and I'm going to stay away from all the drunk Swedes ... earplugs ready ...
Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet
Visa alla

Senaste inläggen

Stockholm 2008-05-16
15 år sedan
Tallinn 2008-05-15
15 år sedan
Pirita 2008-05-14
15 år sedan
Narva - Tallin 2008-05-13