Stöd Ukraina

Asiatours blogg

Fredag 14 November 2014 - Langkawi

Pantai Pasir Tengkorak (Beach of skulls)

This beach is my new favourite in Langkawi. I have been in love with Tanjung Rhufor 16 years but this place was even better! ,It offers shadow, trees to sit on, not alot of people, crystal clear perly white sand. Magical.
It was on top of it also very clean!  I like that. People have a tendensy to throw their garbage everywhere and it makes me crazy (but that s a whole different post..)
On the beach there is also a cafe that normally sells the catch of the day and cold drinks.

So, I present to you: Beach of skulls. (No skulls tho)

If you want a serenity tip: go here on thursdays when there is no school holidays, that´s when you can be alone on the beach.

Several legends on why it´s called skull beach:

1. The island you can se only 5 kms away is Koh Tarutao wich is an old prison island in Thailand, only way away from this prison was to swim. Not good conditions for that tho so many people ended up dying, trying and their bodies washed up on the beach.

2. A local legend says there was a hughe whirlpool that swallowed all ships passing by and washed up the bodies at skull beach.

3. A mythical war between Garuda and Jentayu took place not far from here and all the skulls were washed up on the beach.

I would give this beach a really high grade because it actually has it all. Including Thailand in sight.
This is a public beach, open all day and with no entrance fee.
Directions Drive towards Datai Bay.
Near:Temurun waterfall & Crocodile farm
Dela med andra:    

Skriv kommentar
Arkivet