Beware of booking your tickets on rcg.se

15 juli 2016 21:54
Visningar: 1554
I booked a ticket from CLT (India) to GOT (Sweden) via Oman Airways on rcg.se website and had to cancel it after two weeks. RCG has an obsolete cancellation policy where they practically do not refund any money on cancelling a cancelable ticket. I looked up their website and first found a note (https://support.rcg.se/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/51/1/angerratt-pa-min-resa) saying “Once the payment is completed, it is the airlines' rules governing existing rebooking and cancellation”. I made out from this statement that they give the refund according to the airline’s cancellation policy. With this information, I proceeded to cancel my ticket. RCG cancelled the ticket but I did not receive any email confirmation whatsoever. The next day, I rang up the RCG customer care, and waited for around 2-3 hours in queue to connect to an agent. The instructions to connect to an agent were all in Swedish and as a non-Swede, I had a hard time to follow the instructions. Upon getting connected, the agent gave me near useless information, and told me to call back again the next day. I was agitated at their response, so he asked me to call in the evening. So, I called back in the evening, waited in queue for an hour or so, and finally got connected to a senior agent, only to realize that I will not be refunded any money on my trans-continent, refundable ticket. They claim on their website that refundable tickets are available on payment of insurance, but strict conditions apply. The refund will be given in special circumstances only to Scandinavian citizens who are unable to travel because of sickness and have a medical certificate (However, they allow all nationals to pay the insurance, but you get the refund only if you are a sick Scandinavian).

I lost 4700 kr in booking the ticket and an entire working day waiting for and talking with the agents.
Please do not be deceived by the few kronors of discount offered on the tickets sold at RCG, and instead book your flights at some other legit websites.